- NHS Pathology provides a dedicated specimen collection and transportation service.
- It is controlled by the partnership and is not used by other hospital services.
- We provide frequent and flexible sample collection times agreed with the practice to meet GP needs e.g. extended hours and weekend clinics.
- GP practices registering with NHS Pathology can be provided with a secure external lock box , allowing collection after the surgery has closed at the end of the day (more on external lock boxes).
- Practices with a lock box do not need to remain open to submit samples to the last collection of the day as our drivers carry a key. Practices will benefit from late sample collections which can be processed by us on same day, without the need for overnight storage
Partnership Transport Services operates as a department within Partnership Pathology Services providing services across Frimley Park (FPH) and Royal Surrey County Hospitals (RSCH).
Currently there are two depots, one sited in Guildford at the Royal Surrey County Hospital and the other at the Cambridge Military Hospital (CMH) in Aldershot.
There are 34.58 staff and 28 vehicles within the fleet covering a distance of 685,000 miles per year. The department offers a variety of services visiting approximately 140 sites per day.
01252 329 837 or 0845 658 9622 (8am-5pm, Monday-Friday)
- The Service Free lock box for out of hours collection
- Collections up to four times a day
- We operate eco-friendly routes
The Transport department is a member of the Freight Transport Association (FTA). Transport is also associated with Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)
All drivers are trained to carry out their duties in a professional and polite manner. Our drivers are issued with a navy blue uniform which displays the NHS logo and also wear I.D badges.
All our drivers undergo an initial induction training course, which involves training in various aspects of their duties with an experienced driver. In addition to their initial training, all drivers receive regular on the job training. Each of the drivers is issued with a training manual which they can refer to whilst carrying out their duties.
Throughout their training the drivers attend or receive training courses for specialized tasks such as the carriage of dangerous goods and advanced/defensive driver training from outside organizations
The department employs a Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor who duties include:
- Advice on the handling, packaging, labeling and transport of dangerous goods
- Monitoring practices and procedures of dangerous goods transport regulations.
All our vehicles are regularly checked to ensure they have the correct safety equipment including written procedures for the drivers in case a spillage occurs.
Update driver awareness of driver awareness training of dangerous goods.
Missed a collection?
Call 01252 329 837 or 0845 658 9622 (8am-5pm, Monday-Friday)